Moving involves a lot of planning and a lot of hard work. Doing everything yourself may cause physical, mental, and emotional exhaustion. Hence, it is always a smart idea to get help wherever you can.
If you’re moving house on a budget, you may recruit a few friends and some family over to help you with the hard work and the heavy lifting. However, if you’ve got a pretty flexible budget, then hiring professional help may be something worth considering.
If you’re wondering what types of services you may hire for your big house move, you’ve come to the right place! In this article, we have come up with a list of helpers you may hire to make the process of moving smooth, easy, and hassle-free.
What Services Should I Hire For My House Move?
Here are some services which you may want to consider hiring for your big move:
A Removals Company
A removals company provides relocation services for those who are planning on moving houses or moving offices. Often, such companies have an all-inclusive moving service. That means you can rely on them to not only move your stuff but also to handle packing materials, furniture dismantling and reassembly, the packing and unpacking of your belongings, and the arrangement of furniture at your new place.
Due to the wide variety of moving services they offer, it is safe to say that a removals company can help ease the majority of the stress that comes with moving. Because these movers possess the necessary skills and experience, you are also assured of the following:
- There will be less risk of damage to your belongings.
- There is insurance coverage for your items.
- Your moving timeline and budget will be met.
- Your items will be packed as efficiently as possible.
- You are safe from physical injuries associated with moving house.
If you’re worried about a removals company being too costly, don’t be! Most removal companies will only charge you based on several factors surrounding your move, including:
- The distance between your point of origin and destination.
- The volume of items you wish to move.
- The complexity of your move or the findings on your pre-move survey.
- The schedule of your move.
- The moving services you choose to avail.
If you are planning on hiring a removals company, be sure to compare multiple quotations from different removals companies to make sure that you are getting the best deals possible.
Storage Services (Removals Storage/Portable Storage/Self-Storage)
If you are looking for surefire ways to make your move easy, then you may want to consider hiring storage services. Here are some ways storage services can be useful while you are moving house:
- If you are selling your home, staging it would be much easier if you had storage space to keep the excess items in your home.
- You don’t have to depend on your move-out and move-in dates to get all the packing done. That means:
- When you avail of storage services, you can pack less important items early and not worry about them getting in the way in your home on the days leading up to the move.
- Alternatively, if you are not ready by the time your move out date rolls around, you can easily move your stuff into a storage unit and start sorting and arranging them there before moving them into your new house.
- You will have the space to start a renovation or redecoration project in your new home.
- You can free up space in your new home by leaving less essential items and seasonal goods in storage.
- You can use it as a temporary home for your belongings, thus keeping them safe while you travel before moving in or while waiting for your move-in date.
A General Contractor
If you are planning on moving into a house that has been previously occupied, then chances are you will have to make some repairs and maintenance. It is also very likely that you will find an element in your new home that you will want to modify or remove.
For these kinds of work, a general contractor will definitely be able to help you out. If you’re quite handy, you may be considering a DIY repair and renovation job. However, this is not a good idea, especially when you’re just moving into a home.
So, save yourself from the stress and trouble of making DIY repairs while worrying about the other aspects of your move, and let a professional do the job for you!
Professional Cleaning Services
When you’re moving out of a rental home, end-of-tenancy cleaning is almost always a prerequisite to getting your deposit back. However, sometimes, one just wouldn’t have the time, energy, or patience to conduct a deep cleaning of the property they are vacating. It is, therefore, almost always ideal for you to hire professional cleaning services before you move out of your house.
Aside from easing the stress of moving house, here are a few more reasons as to why this is beneficial:
- You can ensure that your landlord’s End-Of-Term Cleanliness Checklist is fulfilled. A professional cleaning company will make sure to clean every nook and cranny of the property, thus making sure you’ll be leaving it just as spotless as when you moved in.
- If you own the home, cleaning the property before leaving it will show your buyers or tenants that you are leaving the property in good faith.
- Deep cleaning requires a lot of time and commitment. Entrusting this task to professionals will not only ensure that you are making better use of your time, but also that the place is as clean and as spotless as possible.
- By hiring someone who can work on getting the place as clean as possible, you won’t have to purchase cleaning tools and materials that you probably will not need for a long time. Moreover, you can ensure that you are getting your deposit back.
It will also be a good idea to hire professional cleaning services if you are moving into a house that has been previously occupied. This will ensure that your new place is as clean and as safe from any type of bacteria or virus as possible.
Pest Control and Extermination Services
This is extremely crucial, especially when you are moving into a home that has been previously occupied. You will want to enlist the help of pest control or extermination service providers to make sure your new home is free of unwanted pests, insects, and rodents before you move in. You wouldn’t want to be the one to deal with them, after all!
Prepare a thorough moving checklist and stick to it so you don't leave anything important out.